[gps-talkusers] Re: do i need to create a route

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:03:45 -0400

Hello Tina,
Check out the audio tutorial.  There's a section about exploring in
virtual mode.
1. set your address
2. when prompted set your virtual position.
3.  if you are not in virtual mode go there by hitting v.
4. explore the map. Here are the dot combinations.
2-3-5-6 moves forward an intersection
5-6 turns right.
2-3 turns left.
2-3-5-6 space undoes your last virtual move. Note: this command only
works one time.

Chris
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:33:14 -0700, "Tina B." <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>well, i've sort of been able to move around the map a little, but still
>cannot acomplish what i want. do i need to create a route to track the
>streets between the 32 addresses and see what pois and things are along the
>way? i was kind of thiking that i could just walk east down university and
>check things out virtually, but either i cannot because gps doesnt seem to
>like that, or i don't know how. so can i just pick an intersection and just
>start virtually walking or do i need to do the address search and all that
>and actually create a route before it'll let me do that?

Stream, Voice Sense, Braille Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID