[gps-talkusers] Re: arrived near threshold

  • From: "Andrew Head" <athead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:41:41 +1000

oh ok. thanks
----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Erichsen" <pianoman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:36 PM
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: arrived near threshold

From the manual:

Arrived Near Threshold.

This item gives the user the ability to select the minimum proximity
distance to a Waypoint or POI.  The default is 12 feet.  For example, when
you are 12 feet or less from Peets, you will hear, "Near Peets." If you wish
to always here the estimated distance, change the threshold distance to 0.
In this way, you will hear estimated distances as low as one or two feet.
This is recommended only for carefully recorded manual routes.