[gps-talkusers] Re: What is the meaning of tags?

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:29:06 -0500

7.6 Tags
The purpose of tags is to provide brief and consistent descriptions and to
ensure
correct spelling. You still have the description field to add longer and
personal
descriptions to points of interest. It can be very helpful if you choose Door
Main
for example when you tag a restaurant so you can distinguish your specific POI
from
the commercial POI at that location. The Sendero GPS comes with a number of
predefined
tags such as Door main, door revolving, trashcan and fountain. If the POI has a
revolving
door you may wish to indicate that by adding the Door revolving tag to the POI.
You
can also add your own tags by scrolling to the "user definable" item, then mark
it
by pressing SPACE with M then pressing ENTER.
Tags can be added to both commercial and user POIs.
There are two ways to add tags to a POI. The first way is to create a user POI,
see
section 7.4 for steps on creating user POIs.
The second way to attach a tag is by editing the POI details.
1.  Use any of the previously discussed methods for finding POIs.
2.  View the POI details by using the POI action menu or pressing SPACE with P
on
the desired POI.
3.  Scroll to the tag option and press ENTER or just press T
 to move to the tag option quickly. You are presented with a list of tags. These
are predefined words that you can add to your user POI such as driveway or
elevator.
Scroll up and down the list of tags by pressing SPACE or BACKSPACE. If you know
the
name of the tag, you can also use the first letter of its name for example Press
W to move to the wifi free tag. When you see a tag you wish to use, press
SPACE with M
 to mark or unmark the tag. Once you have marked all relevant tags press enter
continue. Note: if you change to a different category you may see different
tags.
It doesn't make sense to be presented with Braille menu if you select the sport
category.
After you press enter, you are asked to save changes and the tags you have
previously
marked are announced. Press ENTER
 on the first item to save the changes or press SPACE then enter to select the
menu
item return to the list of tags. If you select return to list you can continue
mark or unmark tags. Select the desired menu item and press
ENTER
 to continue to the next step. You are returned to the POI details. Press
SPACE with s to save changes.
·       You can view the tags by viewing the POI details. They will also be
announced automatically
if the Lookaround option "include tags in Lookaround and POI announcements is
turned
on.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:41:51 -0700
"Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
> Yesterday, I was creating a user point of interest in the French Restaurant
> category and at one point it asked if I wanted to create a tag and there was
> a list of 27 items to check. What do these items mean? I have never seen
> this before and I didn't quite know what to do.
> Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas, Everybody.
> Mary Ellen Earls
>
> To change your email settings (unsubscribe, digest only, or vacation mode):
> http://senderogroup.com/social_media/email.htm
>
> Additionally, to unsubscribe send an email to
> gps-talkusers-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the Subject.

Sendero Group
Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 6 platforms,
BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC, iPhone and Mobile Geo for
Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream,
KNFB Reader Mobile, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.