[gps-talkusers] Re: Route to a Virtual Position

  • From: "zach D on Del" <chickerland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:07:02 -0600

Is the house not in Santa Rosa?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Irwin" <rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 12:10 PM
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Route to a Virtual Position

I want to set a route from my house on Stonecroft Terrace to another home on Greenfield Circle, both in Santa Rosa, CA. My home is marked as a POI and,
of course, when I am here, it is my GPS position.  I look up the desired
destination and it cannot be found on the maps.  However, I can virtually
walk to the address, that is to one end or the other of the block.  I can
also identify that the address range in that block includes the address that
I want.

1. Why can the street not be found by an address lookup when it can be found
by a virtual search?

2.  Is there some way I can route to the middle of the block (or the exact
address) rather than either end?

Rich Irwin

rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx