[gps-talkusers] New maps product:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:03:15 -0700

How about the Sendero Sprite?
I say this because in about 1959 and 1960 (Mike you'd remember this,) Austin Heeley came out with a miniature version of its Roadster and it was called the Sprite. Not much bigger than a 2 passenger Go cart, that sucker could squeeze in half parking places which folks who didn't want people to dent their cars left. You had to look behind you when pulling out because with the cars back then you could easily squash one of those cars if you weren't looking where you were going. I even knew of one person whose Sprite got picked up and put on the sidewalk so someone could take their parking spot.
And man were those suckers fun to ride in too.
Ok I'll go back into lurk mode.