[gps-talkusers] Is It Possible?

  • From: Joleen <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:17:33 -0700

Hi,

My husband and I were in Western Washington State, USA over the weekend and we were planning to head home to Eastern Washington. We missed a turn and I pulled out my GPS at that point to see if I could help. My husband also found a place to ask directions.

Well, we took another wrong turn and ended up going on I405 and then we got onto I5 going south. All the while, my GPS wanted us to turn around and go the other way.

On the freeway in an unfamiliar area, my husband was unwilling to take an off ramp and then try to get on again going in the opposite direction.

Is there a way that, in a future update, the GPS could be programmed to make a freeway rout that takes direction of travel into account and would give an appropriate off ramp to take to easily get turned around to go in the other direction?

We turned a 4 and a half hour trip into a 7-hour excursion.

Joleen