[gps-talkusers] Holux and number of satellites

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:55:42 -0700

Mary,

It is interesting because I just fired up a unit that has the Holux
GPSlim236 and it reported 11 satellite for most of the trip and there were
even a few times when I hhad 12 satellites. I don't ever recall having 12
satellites on the 236 for the year or so I used it and quite  rareley did I
ever get 11 satellites. I think the last time I used the 236 was in April
and then on average I had between 7-10 satellites. But the funny thing was,
the entire evening I never received WAAS.

So when you think you have this satellite business down, it hits you in the
back.

Kevin