[gps-talkusers] Feature Request User POI Editing/saving revisited??

  • From: "Jeff Molzow" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:37:42 -0500

Hello Charles and All:

Not to beat a dead horse here, but is there any way we could have additional
editing properties within the user POI file. I'm thinking of things like
being able to easily save subsets of the user POI file to give to friends
who might be traveling to areas that we have already traveled. This might be
done through some kind of mark and save function. The user could go down
through his or her POI's and similar to selecting files on the
VoiceNote/BrailleNote, could mark the POI's they'd like to save to a subset.
Once all the POI's were marked, a standard save box could be presented and a
subset containing just those POI's would be created. Second, the ability to
easily move/sort  POI's within the file for easier location or at least
The ability to search within the user POI file with some kind of text search
function.

I've suggested this before, but haven't heard much response so I'm not sure
if it's a bad idea or just one that is not easily implemented.

Thanks, as always, for an awesome product that no blind road warrior should
be without.
Jeff