[gps-talkusers] Re: Explain what the RMF_USA File is

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 19:21:02 -0700

Hello Paul
If you go to www.mysendero.com
Click on the Free downloads link
you will find a link called "Entire U.S. RMF POIs for 4.0" the direct link is <http://www.senderogroup.com/poi/400RMF_USA.zip>Entire U.S. RMF POIs for 4.0 The description past this link says the following "This zip contains a quarter million U.S. POIs in one file. There will be both unique POIs as well as some duplicates in many categories other than restaurants and hotels. Last updated, August 1, 2007" This BPI file goes in your maps folder along with your other commercial POIs but it is completely optional and up to you if you want to add it or not.

The link is the file "400RMF_USA.zip" which contains the file 400RMF_USA.bpi.
This contains POIs extracted directly from the RMF maps (hence the name). Also attached to the end of each poi's description is the letters "RMF" this will help distinguish these POIs from others. There may be some duplicates of the POIs with the commercial POIs from TeleAtlas and Info USA where we get these commercial pois but there are some unique pois especially in regards to City Centers in rural America.

Help this helps.
Charles.

At 06:25 PM 8/27/2007, you wrote:
Hello to the list,

Can somebody explain this file as I seem to have many of these updated files
already.

Thank you,

Have a great day,

Paul Bolduc

Amateur Radio Operator: WR1X
Email: WR1X@xxxxxxxx

Located in the only town named Royalston in North America and maybe even the
world!
Royalston is located in Massachusetts

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC