[gps-talkusers] Error message with 3.1 and Keysoft 6.11

  • From: Peggy Kern <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:11:58 -0700

Hi, all. Every now and then I get a strange error message when using my GPS 3.1. I get an error tone, and the display says something like "exception: modal. prompt undefined". It seems to trigger periodically, as though caused by the look-around mode or something. A reset seems to fix it, and sometimes I can get it to happen less frequently by exiting GPS then going back into it. Once I tried turning off look-around and then turning it back on. It seemed to work, but then my BrailleNote eventually let out a gong and locked up and I had to do a reset anyway.

Any idea what this error might mean, or is it something Charles will have to figure out for a future upgrade? <grin> Has anyone else seen this?

Peggy

mailto:kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx