[gps-talkusers] Re: Castleford

  • From: "Don Bishop" <donbishop49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:03:47 -0700

Charles,

That really sounds good and I'm glad to hear some of the sluggishness issues
are being addressed.  Given the complexity of the program now, that has to
be a real challenge.

I will certainly be patient, at least for another 29 days.  <grin>

Good job!!

Don

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:02:01 -0700, Charles La Pierre wrote:

It may be difficult to create the route you are talking about until you get
version 3.0.

Just today I implemented another new fix for the UK which will dramatically
help with address searching.  Route finding has already been addressed and
fixed in version 3.0 and every day it is just getting better and better for
you folks.

The 3.0 timed evaluation version you guys currently have is already
obsolete!  Once you get your real version in a few weeks it will have a
couple new features, and faster city lookups.

This just keeps getting better and better.

So be patient and you will not be disappointed when you finally get the
real release of version 3.0.

Charles.

At 10:06 AM 7/13/2004, you wrote:
>Hail, UK users ...

>Could anyone please let me know how I can find the West Yorkshire,
>erstwhile mining town of Castleford to plan a virtual route?  I've tried
>all the ways that seem to make sense to me: Castleford, Wakefield (the
>metropolitan district its in), Pontefract (its largest adjoining town),
>Leeds (its nearest big city), and even it's (expletive thought, but not
>written) postcode!

>'Bye for now,
>John Goddard.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO