[gps-talkusers] BrailleNote GPS verses Trekker.

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:45:18 -0700

Jim,

One can certainly add an external speaker to the VoiceNote GPS if they wish. We have found that most people don't require this but for those who do, we list a good powered Radio Shack speaker on our web site.

Of course for those who use the BrailleNote, this is less of an issue.

If you don't feel intersections are being reliably announced when you approach them, you can always press M then X to turn on multiple repeat of the nearest intersection.

As I have said many times over the years, a direct comparison between Trekker and BrailleNote is not particularly relevant. Only a few people purchase the BrailleNote primarily for GPS use. Clearly if one wants and needs a PDA, the BrailleNote GPS system has the greatest number of GPS capabilities, around double the commands of Trekker. If one has no intention of getting a PDA, Trekker is the only accessible solution and it is a good one.

Hi:

Good point Gerry.

One of the reasons I started this thread is that I find the Keynote GPS unreliable when it comes to notifying me of the streets that I am passing. Sometimes I am informed and other times I am not. The streets in question are definitely on the GPS map.

I would like to know if this is common to both systems or not.

On another point, when using a VoiceNote, how in the world would one hear the GPS software reporting in loud traffic. It would seem to me that an external speaker would be required as it is with the Trekker system.

Since I have received the BrailleNote and the GPS software from Humanwhere for evaluation, it may be that I did not receive the full package. An external speaker ships with the Trekker.

So, if anyone has had experience using both systems in the field, I, and I expect we, would like to hear from them.

Thanks all over the place gang.

----- Original Message ----- From: <mailto:lgerry3@xxxxxxxxx>gerry leary To: <mailto:gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:01 PM Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Keynote VPS verses Trekker.

That article isn't up to date. Trekker will be blue tooth in a couple of weeks. October 10th. Gerry