[gpodder] unable to save files if they have certain characters

  • From: Bill Davis <wmadavis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:07:48 -0500

I am using gpodder on a 64-bit Windows 7 PC. I use "send to" to transfer a file from gpodder to another directory on my computer before copying to my mp3 player. If the filename has certain characters, such as quotation marks, there is a white box with an X in it for those marks, and I am unable to save the file unless I manually change the filename. If I miss it and try to save it I get an invalid filename message. If I try to fix it and save at that point the program freezes and shuts down. To avoid this I need to cancel the bad save, then save it again after manually fixing the filenames. I've noticed colons, backslashes, and the number symbol (#) are often converted to an underscore for saving. But I get the white box X for single and double quotation marks, and also for the trademark symbol that one podcast uses.

I've tried to search past messages and bug reports for a fix, but I couldn't understand what I needed to do, if a fix exists.

Thanks,

Bill Davis

---