[gpodder-devel] import gl error

  • From: alford at wuphys.wustl.edu (Mark Alford)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:31:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Thomas Perl wrote:
> Sounds like you have an old version of gPodder installed as a package
> in /usr/ and a recent version installed manually to /usr/local/, ...

That's exactly right. I agree with your download page,
   "The preferred way of obtaining gPodder is through the
   package repositories of your Linux distribution..."
Maintenance via yum is so much easier than manual installation.

But I want to use gdfs-check.py etc, which aren't included
in the .rpm package, so I downloaded the source just to get them.

(a) How does gdfs-check.py in /usr/local/.... know that
there is another version of gpodder installed elsewhere?

(b) Would it work if I got gdfs-check.py from the source for
version 0.10.4, which is the version of the package in /usr/?
(That's the version that the Fedora repository has provided).

(c) Wouldn't it make sense to provide gdfs-check.py and gdfs-init.py
in the package? Is Jeff Spaleta still the guy to talk to about that?