[gpodder-devel] iPod can't see tracks

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:37:14 -0700

> > One thing I noticed was that if I try to edit the iPod playlist in gPodder.
> > No tracks are listed in the edit window, and if I click save, it points to a
> > path that is not the device path.
>
> Same problem here. Is the iPod playlist feature working?
> I can copy episodes and play them in the device though.

I think the playlist management feature is only implemented for MP3
players
at the moment. For all other iPod-related issues: I do not have an iPod
anymore,
and for obvious reasons I don't plan to get one, so I hope an
iPod-owning hacker
steps up and fixes these issues.

Also, please file a bug on http://bugs.gpodder.org/ because reports like
this
to the mailing list are lost after the thread has finished. When there
is an
open bug report in Bugzilla, it will not be forgotten and has to be
dealt with
somehow.

Sorry for not being able to help you with this specific iPod-related
issue,
but dealing with the iPod database is very annying at times, and we
don't know
exactly what's the problem, because there are multiple parties involved
(Apple,
libgpod and gPodder). For filesystem-based MP3 players, this is easier.

You might want to try to install Rockbox (rockbox.org) on your iPod and
use the
iPod as a normal USB mass storage device (with FS-based MP3 player
sync).

Good luck!