[gpodder] Re: gPodder 3.3.0 "Intermission" released

  • From: Joseph Wickremasinghe <jnwickremasinghe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 01:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomas,

I finally got a chance to work on the playlist feature for gpodder. At present
the only the playlist creation functionality is working, no two-way sync yet.

One playlist is created per channel, in the podcast folder as specified in the
device config. The episodes are ordered from oldest to newest, and the playlist
file is named the same as the channel itself. It probably needs some more
testing to account for all situations (e.g. one folder per podcast, custom sync
filenames), and a little more customization, but it should give you an insight
into the approach I'm taking.

I merged your 3.30 master branch into my forked repo since I wanted to be able
to include Rafi's sort_date fix, but I don't know if that makes reviewing my
changes more difficult.

Anyway, the branch is here:

https://github.com/jnwickremasinghe/gpodder/tree/device_playlists

and the commits are:

https://github.com/jnwickremasinghe/gpodder/commit/f3b3f7a5c9319d68336531b7e3c6bbafdb730a1d

and

https://github.com/jnwickremasinghe/gpodder/commit/487319c27ddcd295af22ff5635de7862d577ca97

Let me know your thoughts, and let me know how best to present this in future.
I'll continue working on this, and add in the two-way sync.

Joseph