[gpodder] Re: device sync: per-channel settings

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:58:04 +0200

Hi,

2012/8/30 Rafi Rubin <rafi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Is anyone working on per-channel or per-device sync settings?
>
> I'd like to help or implement something soon.  At the moment, I can't easily
> sink without filling up my phone :)
>

> A quick and dirty implementation (approximately the behavior of gpodder 2):
> https://github.com/rafiyr/gpodder/commits/pause_sync

Thanks - don't forget to bump the schema version (CURRENT_VERSION) in
schema.py and also provide update commands from the previous version
(UPGRADE_SQL) in that file. In the function convert_gpodder2_db, you
should also add the newly-added column to the values for inserting
into the database, in case of the sync enable/disable flag, that might
also be in the gpodder2 database, so migrating it there would be a
good idea.

As you can't insert columns in SQLite between old columns (see
http://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html) without having to resort
to temporary tables and copying, add the new column at the end of the
list of columns, so that users upgrading from old database versions
and users installing gPodder afresh have the same ordering of columns.
Also, what about naming the column "sync_enabled", defaulting to 1
(INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 1)?

PS: Will you be submitting a merge request for
https://github.com/rafiyr/gpodder/commit/d91b837880? :)