[gpodder-devel] announcement - gPodder on Mac OS X : going native

  • From: neric27 at wanadoo.fr (Eric)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:06:16 +0100

Le 18/01/10 20:46, Thomas Perl a ?crit :
> Hello, Eric!
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 03:42:00PM +0100, Eric wrote:
>
>> After you have unzipped and registered it (see
>> http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories), enter :
>> sudo port install gpodder +python25 +quartz +app
>> If it succeeds, you should get a gPodder application in
>> /Applications/Macports.
>>
> Great stuff :) Do you think it's possible to create a standalone
> gPodder.app without the need to have MacPorts installed? It should be
> self-contained so that no additional installs are necessary.

Well, I have no experience with such things. I can only point you to
inkscape, which provides a standalone installation on OSX.
It's not using gtk-quartz, though. What could be tried would be to grab
the content of all the dependencies and to put them under
gPodder.app/Resources.
This would result in a giant download, though ; even if it works (I'm
pretty sure that some paths are hard-coded).
> Apart from that, the Mac OS X porting works looks really incredible :)
> If it helps, I'd be happy to merge any "generic" patches into the repo.

OK, thanks ! I won't have time for gPodder until next month, I'm afraid...
Cheers,
Eric