[gpodder-devel] Status of translations in gPodder

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 09:06:35 -0700

Hey there!

(CC'ing this to all who are listed as maintainers of outdated languages)

Today seems to be translation day here at gPodder headquarters, so we
better have a look at the status quo of gPodder translations. I've added
a small script to generate some statistics to the repository (in
data/po)
and have added a nice table for our current translations to the Wiki:

   http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Translations

The following languages are outdated (translation ratio < 50%):

   Czech, Galician, Italian, Nederlands, Portuguese, Ukrainian

If you speak any of these languages, please help the gPodder project by
grabbing the .po files from the repository and updating the translation
file (instructions can be found on the Wiki page).

Even though you might understand English, I'm sure not all of your
people
in your country do. To make gPodder accessible to them, we need to have
good and complete translations of this application into your language.

Please also consider contacting the maintainer and possibly taking over
maintainership for the translation in gPodder in case (s)he lost
interest
in gPodder (look at the "last revision" column for some hints).