[gpodder-devel] Release of libmygpo-qt v0.2.5

  • From: stefan at derkits.at (Stefan Derkits)
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 00:43:52 +0100

Dear gPodder & Amarok Community,

libmygpo-qt v0.2.5 is released, a Release that consist of no new
Functions, but has many Changes to existing Features
- -) completly asynchronous Calls
- -) ApiRequest now uses the d-pointer Idiom (other Classes will be using
it in the next Version)

You can download the Tarball here:
http://stefan.derkits.at/files/libmygpo-qt/libmygpo-qt.0.2.5.tar.gz or
you can check our Git Repo at:
http://www.gitorious.org/libmygpo-qt/libmygpo-qt

If you didn't read the Release Message for 0.2.0 or wondering what
gPodder has to do with Amarok, below you again find all the Infos.
Thanks to Leo Franchi & Erik Hovland
for the Feedback after the 0.2 Release ;)

We appreciate all the Feedback we can get, also for this Release. The
Code of this Release is partly a little bit "ugly" (unsued Methods, not
every Variable initialized in every Constructor, ...) as we didn't yet
finish the Transition to using the d-pointer Idiom in every public
Object, but I think you can see the general Structure & Direction of our
Library ;)

Thx,
Stefan, Christian & Felix

- --- Info about libmygpo-qt taken from 0.2 Release Mail ---

What is libmygpo-qt?

libmygpo-qt is a Qt/C++ Library wrapping the gPodder.net Webservice. We
are working on it as part of a University Course & it will be used in
one of the next Versions of Amarok when we integrate the gPodder
Webservice into Amarok.
Also it will maybe one Day be used to create a gPodder Client for
MeeGo/Symbian ;)

What is gPodder.net?

gPodder.net is a Webservice, that can be used for Podcast Discovery
(Search, Toplists, Tags, ...) and Subscription/Synchronization of
Podcasts & Podcast Status Synchronization.

You can find a Proposal of the gPodder Integration (to which we will
mostly stick) into Amarok here:
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Proposals/GPodderNet

Some Important Links for libmygpo-qt:

Git Repo: http://www.gitorious.org/libmygpo-qt/libmygpo-qt