[gpodder-devel] Non-human readable directory and file names

  • From: uberChicGeekChick at dystonia-dreams.org (Katy G. B.)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:53:56 -0700

  **hi**

I've written a lil script that will do what you're looking for Chris.
Its written in PHP and intergrates gpodder's update.  It does move your
podcasts' dl directory so its hidden and than your normal directory will
have names that actually makes sense.  If you have any questions I
explained in more depth my script in an older posting but feel free to
email me(read: reply here) and I'll help as soon as I can.  But I
literally have my script running &checking than moving &alerting me to
new podcasts pretty much all day long &I'm sure it will do just what
you're looking for.

Thomas, I'd be fine with the mp3 sync thing if it did two things.  One
it needs like a command line option for "syncing".  And than right now
it copies all podcasts.  It would be very useful if there were an option
to `move podcasts when syncing` &not just copy them.  I have tons of
podcasts and and often don't have enough hard drive space to two copies
- even worse I don't have the time to manage two copies, except for
having tcsh foreach &remove podcasts after syncing.  But anyways just a
wish list.

/Blessed be,/
/Kaity G. B.->uberChicGeekChick.Com <http://uberChicGeekChick.com/>
&uberChicks.Net <http://uberChicks.Net/>/
/What ever your level of errors to show - 'E_ALL | E_STRICT', 'use
strict', or 'gcc -Wextra -Wall' - May never an exception your code
through! ^_^/

/Generalized Dystonia/ <http://dystonia-dreams.org/>: I have /'it'/
thousands do! /'Its'/ taken my choice, /'its'/ taken my voice, /'its'/
taken my life, &taken my limbs!
What it cannot take is my DREAMS <http://dystonia-dreams.org/>!
Though spastic &twisted; I'll not give up! http://Dystonia-DREAMS.Org/
Firefox's development version, Gran Paradiso's, iconic globe. help test
firefox3 &rediscover the web! <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/>