[gpodder-devel] Is it possible to define a default set of feeds for all users on a system?

  • From: jspaleta at gmail.com (Jeff Spaleta)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:23:49 -0800

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:13 AM, Thomas Perl <thp at perli.net> wrote:
> I think the easiest way is to patch the default value for the "opml_url"
> configuration variable in "src/gpodder/config.py" (it's currently set to
> directory.opml on gpodder.org). This way, no big changes need to be
> done, and Fedora users will get a list of fedora-specific podcasts
> listed.

I was looking for a way to pre-populate
~/.config./gpodder/channels.opml with an initial channel definition.
So any new installs of gpodder on a f10 system would result in the
Fedora TV feed being as easily found as possible...and easily deleted
if not wanted.

> I could add some Fedora-related podcasts to "directory.opml" on
> gpodder.org if that is what you want. If not, just patch that one line
> with a Fedora-specific URL which will be set as default for new
> installations while leaving existing installations as they are.

I might have you add the Fedora TV feed into your directory.opml file
before the release of Fedora 10.  If you want to add it now, feel
free. The feed url might change at a latter date.

More information on what we are trying to do with this feed can be found here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedoratv/

I'm hoping we can make the feed a default channel entry across a
number of applications, so whatever video capable podcast software
people want to use, the channel will be there as default content for
the Fedora userbase.

-jef