[goodfeel] Re: braille blazer not working

  • From: "Dani L Pagador" <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:21:39 -1000

Are you using Duxbury?

-----Original Message-----
From: goodfeel-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:goodfeel-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gmail
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:49 AM
To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [goodfeel] braille blazer not working

hey guys,
I'm having a little trouble with my very old braille blazer from freedom
scientific. It works great. I bought a parallel to usb cable that's fine it
gets recognized and I've installed the generic text only driver from the
printer list. I'm not sure what else I need to do. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Aaron Linson
Turning Disability into Ability

On Jul 22, 2014, at 7:22 PM, Dani L Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Hi, Albert.
        I like yours better--more slash.

        I was hurriedly writing when I took notes on how to do the slash
process, so
        might have missed something.

        Will definitely save your file and copy and paste in your slashes.

        Thanks,
        Dani

        From: "Dani L Pagador" <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
        To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:02:15 -1000

        Hi, Brian.
        For a measure in common time, write 4 quarter notes using B4
(midline in
        treble staff, for example's sake). Select these four notes, and
choose no
        stem. Then use the notehead select (shift plus 6 in Edit mode) and
select
        square head. This will show slashes in the middle of the stave.
Write chord
        symbols as needed.

        Albert or Andy, please chime in as to whether this looks visually
correct.

        This is how I do it for assignments, then export out to Sibelius and
ask my
        husband to help me make it look presentable. So I'm not sure, but am
putting
        it out there for consideration.

        HTH,
        Dani