[gnukhata-devel] Re: Merge request sent with regarding requirements.txt

  • From: Krishnakant <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnukhata-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 12:02:07 +0530

Hi Ravi.

Thanks a million for this.

I guess now those who find some thing or the other missing will have no further problems.

Would you also do the same for webapp?

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.

On Saturday 04 March 2017 10:38 AM, Ravindra Lakal wrote:

Hello All,
I am contributing to GNUKhata  nearly after 1.5 years.
The contribution is not a major one.I have created a requirements.txt file in the core folder of gkcore.
(Ideally the file should be in gkwebapp but gitlab is not allowing me to fork gkwebapp due to some strange technical error <https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/27457>)
The requirements.txt files is nothing but a file containing all pip dependencies.
The advantage of having requirements .txt file is you can easily add or remove dependencies from the file rather than keeping a separate note and doing it manually
The second advantage is you can freeze your requirements i.e if you require sqlalchemy 0.10 then you can write sqlalchemy==0.10 in requirements .txt and it will require sqlalchemy0.10 rather than installing the latest version.
For installing requirements now you will just go into the gkcore and type*pip install -r requirements.txt*
For testing the merge request please create a virtualenv and pull the gkcore (it will be a test setup) and type*pip install -r requirements.txt
*
while installing i encountered an error for which please read this <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28253681/you-need-to-install-postgresql-server-dev-x-y-for-building-a-server-side-extensi>.
Please make appropriate changes in wiki after merging.

Regards
Ravindra