[gnosis] Busy May and June

  • From: Allen Welty-Green <agmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:06:11 -0400

Hi,
Some interesting events of note:

Beacon Dance, Dancers Collective and The B Complex Present
The Elemental Project, Year IV:
To Air is Human
May 1-4; 7-11, 2003, 8:30 PM
at The B Complex, 1272 Murphy Avenue, West End, Atlanta (Oakland City
Marta station); Directions: http://thebcomplex.com/map.html
General Admission-$15;Students & Seniors-$5; Working Artists $10
For reservations, call Dancers Collective, 404.233.7600,
For more info, contact Patton White -  patton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 404.377.2929.

Beacon Dance, Dancers Collective and The B Complex will present the world
premier of The Elemental Project, Year IV:  To Air is Human, a
multi-disciplinary performance piece inspired by the primal element of air.
To Air is Human is the final installment of the four-year long Elemental
Project of Beacon Dance.  This multi-media performance piece examines the
theme of freedom, through movement, text and live music set against the
stunning backdrop of an original visual art installation.

#        #        #

RIPE is an unprecedented art benefit that will happen Friday evening
on May 2.  It will feature an amazing amount of art and performance
under the sheltering sky.  Any proceeds will benefit the Metropolitan
Public Arts Coalition of Atlanta and the Black Rock Arts Foundation,
the non-profit wing of Burning Man. It will be an art show unlike
anything you have ever seen (unless you have been to Burning Man).

http://www.ripeatlanta.com

#        #        #

Upcoming Gnosis Performance - "The Crossing"
June 27-29, 8 PM, at 7 Stages.

Aerial and earthbound dance by Elle Udaykee, Shad Sterling and Amy
Estlund; live music by Z-Axis; Video by Theron Schmidt and Rajni
Shaw; Projections by Madeleine St. Romain - and more...

More info coming soon...

#        #        #

Upcoming Z-Axis performance - Friday, June 20 @ Eyedrum. With guests
Mountains of Magma. More info soon...

Until next time...

AWG

The fine-print:

This an occasional e-mail newsletter with the expressed purpose of
letting folks know about specific upcoming arts events in the Atlanta
area. Too many times I've talked to people about an incredible arts
event I had seen and been told "I wish I had heard about that!" The
Journal-Constitution and Creative Loafing both do their best, but
much slips through the cracks or gets lost in the shuffle, so I
intend this newsletter to try and take up the slack.

The listings I send out are "curated" - so to speak. It is NOT my
intention to be all-inclusive. I focus on things that tend to fit
into a certain aesthetic. I focus on cutting-edge work that tends to
push genres into new directions... dance, theater, music, performance
art, film, etc. This list is ONLY used to promote artistic events
such as I've described above. It's unlikely you will ever receive
more than one or two e-mailings a month from me.

Here are a couple of handy instructions for you:

If you want to get OFF of the list, for whatever reason, then send an
email FROM THE ACCOUNT YOU WANT DELETED to
gnosis-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put "unsubscribe" (without the
quotes) in the Subject line of the email. That's all you have to do.
If you put anything else in the subject line, you won't be removed!

Likewise, if you want to get ON the list (from a different address
perhaps, since you obviously are already ON the list!) send an email
to gnosis-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put "subscribe" (without the
quotes) in the Subject line.

Pretty simple! You may want to save these instructions...

If you have an event you want me to announce, then send the
information to gnosis-arts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll see what I can
do... but remember, I generally don't announce traditional sorts of
theater/music/arts/dance events. I try to limit these announcements
to avant-garde or cutting edge sorts of things. Also, remember that I
do this as a not-for-profit sideline, so I might not be able to get
around to everything in a timely manner.

You may be wondering how you got on the Gnosis list. It could be that
you are already on the Gnosis email list from attending one of our
productions, or you might be on the email list for my band Z-Axis. Or
you might be on the email list of one of my friends or artistic
associates. A lot of you were referred to me by someone else on the
list. Or finally, in the early days of this list, I may have gotten
your address from the cc field of e-mailings from lists I am on...
yeah I know I shouldn't have done that, and I have since refrained
from that practice, but my intentions were altruistic and
non-commercial... and if you're bothered that I got your address that
way, I apologize and I'll be happy to delete you! In fact, by now,
most folks whose address I got from cc fields have probably been
deleted anyway!