[gmpi] Re: Reqs TODO

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:43:51 +1300

Hi Tim,

> You (perhaps intentionally) ignore the power of marketing.  Do you
*REALLY*
> think people need 192 kHz sampling?  no, but people are spending money on
it

Well, there are valid technical reasons for 192kHz.  Mainly the freedom to
use less aggressive reconstruction and anti-aliasing filters in you sampling
hardware.

> because the marketing tells them to.  Sooner or later, some host company
> will claim full 64 bit data paths, and poof, GMPI is suddenly "legacy".

maaayby.  I understand what you are saying. But respectfully, don't like it
(marketing based decisions).

 Also I feel that GIMPI will be cleanly designed, and will not be difficult
to convert to 64 bits later anyhow.

Best Regards,
jeff