[gmpi] Re: Questions for requirements draft

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:16:44 -0500

I can't wait to read this!

Yes, persistence is about saving and restoring state.

Component packaging means, is the plugin a DLL, a static lib, an EXE; does
it use COM or other similar compenent technology?

Copy protection means, do we want to build in any explicit hooks in GMPI to
support vendors who use copy protection on their plugins?  For example, I
can imagine some kind of handshake mechanism where the host actually
participates in the copy protection system.