[glugot] Re: help please

  • From: suresh babu <mail2mbabu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glugot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 03:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

No not at all, it is enough to reload the boot loader
alone, first insert rhl9 cd boot up, then

select upgrade option, then choose the option install
new boot loader and now u can install boot loader
separately.

else

u can do it by:

copy vmlinuz, loadlin files frm rhl9 cd #1, into
c:\linux dir.

then open a batch file named
linux.bat,

the contents be

loadlin root=/dev/hda7

am not sure of the command, get help of loadlin.  save
the batch file in c:\linux, create shortcut for that
in desktop and name it as linux.

rightclick the short cut, then from prop, advanced
tab, check the checkbox=> run only in ms-dos mode.

Now double click the short cut, this will shutdown
windows and boot linux.  this is how u can boot linux
frm windows, even if u dont have boot floppy, now
after entering linux, install your boot loader either
lilo or grub.

any way it is always good to install linux @last after
installing windows to avoid ambiguity

with regards