[glfusion-announce] glFusion CMS v1.4.0 has been Released!

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: glfusion-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 00:35:07 +0000

The team at glFusion.org is proud to announce that glFusion v1.4.0 is
now available for download. This release continues our commitment to
providing a secure and robust content management system. glFusion v1.4.0
includes several enhancements, bug fixes, and stability updates.

With glFusion v1.4.0, we are making a shift to HTML input as the
standard input type. For comments, contacting users, mailing stories,
HTML is now the default. You can select text mode input, but you no
longer have the ability to toggle between input methods at the time you
are entering text. To better support this change, we have replaced the
old FCKeditor with a more modern WYSIWYG editor, CKEditor. We also offer
TinyMCE as a plugin if you prefer that WYSIWYG editor. This has also
driven significant updates to how HTML input is filtered. We've fixed a
security issue in the filtering and also expanded the ability for you to
define what HTML elements you will allow.

The Media Gallery SWFUpload feature has always been problematic. It
worked, but not always very well. SWFUpload has been removed and
replaced with an HTML 5 drag and drop uploader.

Menu Builder has seen some more updates. The code has been completely
rewritten to be much more efficient. HTML used to build the menus is now
template driven, which gives you unlimited flexibility in creating menus.

To download the latest release of glFusion, please visit:
http://www.glfusion.org/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=1

Thanks!
The glFusion Team