[ggcsquicksig] Re: Very Slow Downloads from FI's to Quicken

  • From: Chris Gralapp <eyeart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 08:26:32 -0700

 I have Quicken 2010, and I experience very slow downloads with B of A.  I
typically shut down the laptop, restart and repeat the download routine
(using one step update), and can get the thing to finish.
But I will try the Account Actions route next time, as Frances suggests, and
see what happens.

Thanks!

Chris

On 4/4/2012 7:57 AM, Frances Nunez wrote: Hi Babette, Yes, I had this same
problem and found a magical solution :>) Backstory: My 5yr old laptop was
totally disabled by viruses so I resurrected my 10 yr old desktop (with only
512M Ram) so I could finish my turbo taxes and run Quicken until such time
asI could get my laptop fixed (or replaced.) I upgraded from Quicken 2009 to
Quicken 2011 (Deluxe)at the same time. I have 3 accts at one FI and 4 accts
at another. I use BofA online banking /bill pay and use Quicken one step
update to download the transactions. It used to take a minute or to download
from both FI w/Q 2009 on my laptop . Now, it was taking 20 min to download
from 2 FI or 10 min if I downloaded from only one w/Q 2011 on my old
desktop.Here is the magic part: !! It was the TOOLS - ONE STEP UPDATE that
was taking forever. When I was exploring, I found if I opened up an account
(like checking acct), there is a tab in upper right corner called ACCOUNT
ACTIONS with UPDATE NOW action. I tried that and . . . voila ! The download
took less than a minute. I expected it to only download the checking
transactions but it downloaded transactions from all 3 accounts at that FI.
Then I opened one of the other accts from the other FI and tried the same
thing. Trans from all 4 accts were downloaded within a minute. Not sure WHY
one way took 20 minutes and the other took 2 or if it will work for the
othermember . . but just thought I would share. -----Original Message-----
From: ggcsquicksig-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]
[mailto:ggcsquicksig-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]] On Behalf Of
bcbloch@xxxxxxxx[3]Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:46 PM To:
ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4] Subject: [ggcsquicksig] Very Slow Downloads
from FI's to Quicken Has anyone been having problems with extremely slow (
ten minutes or more) downloads from various Financial Institutions, credit
cards, etc., to Quicken 2012. A new member has this problem in each of her
several Quicken files. She is going to try uninstalling and reinstalling,
andwill also take one file and disable all accounts that are now set for
download, then re enable them one by one. If you have any suggestions,
pleasechime in. Babette GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the
Golden Gate Computer Society's Quicken Special Interest Group. TO SEND A
MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" - Email to:
ggcsquicksig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[6] In the "Subject": line, type
"unsubscribe" (without the quotes). GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for
members of the Golden Gate Computer Society's Quicken Special Interest
Group.TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" - Email to:
ggcsquicksig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[8] In the "Subject": line, type
"unsubscribe" (without the quotes).
--
Chris Gralapp

false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New
Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Chris Gralapp, MA, CMI

Medical/Scientific Illustration

415.454.6567

eyeart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[9]

http://chrisgralapp.com[10]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:ggcsquicksig-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:ggcsquicksig-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:bcbloch@xxxxxxxx
   4 mailto:ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   5 mailto:ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx
   6 mailto:ggcsquicksig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   7 mailto:ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx
   8 mailto:ggcsquicksig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   9 mailto:eyeart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  10 http://chrisgralapp.com/
GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the Golden Gate Computer
Society's Quicken Special Interest Group.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" -
     Email to: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx

   In the "Subject": line, type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).