[ggcsquicksig] Re: QUICKEN SIG MEETS MAY 11TH, 10:00-NOON, GGCS CLASSROOM

  • From: "Babette" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:44:54 -0700

Quicken is memorizing transactions.  So it will show you the split that you
used the last time you had a transaction to Safeway.  You can just change the
amounts for the current amounts.  It may leave something in the split window as
unclassified after you make the dollar changes, but you just delete that and
the total left adds up to the total for the transaction ($233).
You can turn off this kind of memorization in the program options, but it's
sort of handy for most of your transactions; e.g., all payments to PGE are for
various totals, but the Category is always Utilities, and you don't have to
enter it each time.  In fact, all you do is type PG and the rest comes right
up....or if it's a download, the download renaming list has it.