[ggcsquicksig] Re: Mike Tulper's questions

  • From: Babette Bloch <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:04:14 -0800

Hi Michael...good questions.

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:39:24 -0800 michael n tulper <tulper@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

There are answers to at least one of Mike's questions in the Preferences
menus.  Everyone should go through these to select the default actions in
Quicken...any version.

V.2004 has changed/simplified the options you can change...i.e., you no
longer can play with the colors used on your account registers.

Click on EDIT pull down menu at top of Quiken Screen, then on
Preferences.

> Iam using Quicken  Deluxe 2004.  quite often when entering a
transaction  an annoying message pops up that quicken has noticed that i
have entered this before and offers to have me do this on line (i dont
want todo to this) I check the box marked "do not show this message
again" and sure enough it still comes up.

I'm not sure what it is you've done that you did before.  Please
clarify...especially what it is you might do online.

Under REGISTER, you can elect NOT to be warned before you use the same
check number.  However, that warning should not really having anything to
do with its happening online, unless...  ARE YOU SENDING YOUR DATA TO
QUICKEN.COM so you can access it on the web from another location?
        This may trigger the message if it thinks you should correct the online
entries.

        If not, check the "CUSTOMIZE ONINE UPDATES" option under
Edit>Preferences, to make sure none of your accounts are checked to be
sent up to Quicken.com and triggering the message.
Meanwhile, there is an option under SETUP>BACKUP - where you can uncheck
"WARN ME BEFORE OVERWRITING".  I think that if you uncheck that option,
it will no long appear each time you try to backup.  I'm guessing that
saying not to remind you when the reminder pops up merely works until you
exit Q, i.e., during that session.

Babette