[ggcsquicksig] Re: Financial Software for the Mac

  • From: bcbloch@xxxxxxxx
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 12:03:42 -0800

Many people are still using Quicken 2007 for Mac and won't change until
Intuit does something meaningful with Essentials or replaces it. You
actually can still buy it at Amazon, which, when I checked today says it
has 8 copies left.

I've looked over iBank on its web site and it looks very promising.  Good
reviews too.  It seems to have almost all the capabilities of Quicken for
Windows, with possible exception of how many FI's it can download.  They
have a version for the Mac desktop too, not just iPad.

And , reading the Quicken for Mac forums, I recently discovered that they
put out a fix for Quicken 2007 for Mac so it would run on Lion that sells
for only $15.   Very good article on it at:
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/08/intuit-releases-lion-compatible-quick
en-2007-for-mac/

If you already have Quicken 2007 for Mac, you can download the Lion fix
at:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/42231/quicken-2007

Babette

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:46:39 -0800 Jim Oser <oserj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> There have been some posts recently asking about financial software
> for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion.
>
> Forget Quicken Essentials.
>
> For $15 buy this (Why Intuit hides these links is beyond me! This
> was released in March 2012.)

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/lion-compatible-quicken-mac-2007/G
EN83769.html

http://quicken.intuit.com/personal-finance-software/quicken-2007-osx-lion