[ggc-urantialist] Re: Onamonalonton's headquarters in California

  • From: Bohohwymus@xxxxxxx
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:15:58 -0400 (EDT)

I have been asked a few times about the location of Onamonalonton's
"headquarters" in the California redwoods.  In my Fellowship article in  2009 I
put forth a theory  that the location was at "a place on the Klamath  River"
(Hupa tribe legend) near Mt. Shasta. This location fits within the  range of
California redwoods that extends all the way to the northern  border of our
state. See page 7 of link below for what I published  previously:

http://urantia-book.org/archive/newsletters/herald/Herald%202009.pdf

“Many  of his [Onamonalonton’s] later descendants have come down to modern
times among  the Blackfoot Indians.” _[i]_
(file:///C:/Users/Debassige/Documents/Research%20Natv%20Peoples%20etc/Spiritual%20Hist%20&%20Tradtns%20of
%201st%20Nations.doc#_edn1)   If this statement was verified using the
Western, historical, linear method of descent (which can’t be done at this
point), it would place Onamonalonton securely among the peoples who speak what
we call an Algonkin (Algonquin) dialect in our anthropology

____________________________________

_[i]_
(file:///C:/Users/Debassige/Documents/Research%20Natv%20Peoples%20etc/Spiritual%20Hist%20&%20Tradtns%20of%201st%20Nations.doc#_ednref1)
  UB,
ERC, (64:6.7)
I have since done more  research on the linguistics. The evidence we have
places the only incidence  of the Algonkin dialect in California among the
Yurok and other tribes (related  to the Hupa) of the Shasta region.
There are several other  reasons besides language and tribal literature
(oral tradition) to place  Onamonalonton's headquarters in the north Shasta
region of our state which I  plan to publish in detail.

I realized after I wrote the Fellowship article in 2009 that my theory does
 not agree with apocraphyl lore associating the Grizzly Giant big tree with
 Onamonalonton's headquarters. This lore (not found in the Urantia  Book)
is recirculating at present.  I have done much more scholarship  to back up
my Mt. Shasta theory that is not in the 2009 article and I hope  to publish a
new version of "the civilization of Onamonalton" in the  future.

How do I account for the discrepancy between my research based on
linguistic and anthropological evidence with the unpublished information given
by
previous contact commissioners involved with publication of the Urantia
Book?

I confess that my belief is that an error was made either in transmitting
or receiving this information. It was not done intentionally, just that
information handed down became garbled in some way. I have further  speculated
that folks in Chicago were too far away from our geography and  thus easily
fastened on making the connection of Onamonalonton's  headquarters with the
Grizzly Giant Urantia legend.

I have researched California Indian history (and other regions) for many
years and I can find no support for the contention that Onamonalonton's
headquarters were in Yosemite. Future publication of my findings will lay out
my
 evidence and argument in detail to support the theory that his
headquarters were  located near the mountain that is sacred to many Indian
tribes, Mt.
Shasta.

With regards,
Dave Holt