[ggc-urantialist] More Yosemite

  • From: Sara Blackstock <blackstocksara7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Diane Labrecque <dianelabrecque@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:10:10 -0700

Thank you Michelle,

You captured the highlights with colorful descriptions of the FESTIVAL
attended by at least 200 participants from all over.  Let me add a few
notes of my personal experiences. The Centering Retreat led by Gard the day
before the Festival began was a calming way for the 60 or so participants
(it was supposed to be only about 25) who attended.  Gard held forth with
his easy humor and stories and led us in several times throughout the day
of 20 minute sessions of silence.  "SILENCE" is God's language, was heard
several times.

 The music experience was exquisite and well organized.  I believe I heard
that the group which included Christine Seaborn, Mary Ann Brundage, Robert
Aponte, Barbara Hester, Jonathan Johnson and David Brundage, had spend at
least two years preparing for this event, developing a format, for lack of
a better word, can be used at other retreats, conferences, study groups,
etc.   The  spiritual uplift of this music set the tone as we worshiped in
the new day. And after dinner we were treated to other singers and music
also.  A talent show on the last night was a highlight with Paula Thompson
reciting Jaberwocky along with several other poems.  Another touching
moment of that evening was when Mona Grimsley read several of Vern's poems,
one of which is a favorite of mine:  "All humankind are one vast family,
this world our home....."

The feeling of unity was palpable - even though there was folks
representing various opinions of the Urantia community, the differences of
opinion were not taken personally, and there was no negative emotional
overlay that I experienced.  It really felt very familial, and that was
Diane Labrecque's desire.  Her organization and energy throughout was a
guiding light.

The gathering at the Grizzly Giant felt so deeply real and natural.  My
favorite song was The Lord's Prayer.  People coming up the path walked
through our group of 200 scattered around and seemed to feel subtle
spiritual energy and some stopped and reluctantly moved on.  I have been to
the Grizzly Giant several times over the years and even though I have not
seen anything unusual, (nor did I expect to) knowing and believing that
this is the spiritual headquarters of the planet, with angels and midwayers
coming and going, visitors arriving to visit our planet, gave me a deep
feeling of the awesome reality  of the spirit world just outside of our
vision.

A depth of relaxation and spiritual nourishment was my experience one
afternoon when for a couple of hours next to a small tributary of the
Merced River I lay on a flat rock with my feet in a mini-water fall and the
mantra going through my mind and soul:  "I am the living water."

There was a variety of ages and stages from a 2 year old to an 84 year old.
 We were an extended family  helping each other when the need arose.  There
were about 10 young adults whose dedication and energy for the truths of
the revelation was indeed inspiring.  They are afire, and yet so grounded!
 And they also shared their musical talent with us.

Another highlight for me was the art lesson in the late afternoon with the
able mentors of Patrick Yesh and Teresa Mathias who brought all the
materials for many people to paint acrylic maybe for the first time in
their lives.  The 84 year old Chinese man was astounded that he could make
a painting of trees and rocks.  He discovered the artist in himself and was
quite thrilled.

And on it goes with the richness of relationships amidst the beauty of
Yosemite.  We prayed for the firefighters and the people close to the huge
fire, which was far from Wawona, but a tragedy for those in it.

Diane Labrecque's excellent organization and leadership all the way through
made for a flowing smoothness of experience.  She provided a venue for us
to have a real and deep experience on physical, mental and spiritual
levels. And she was ably assisted by Lisa Crowe.   Thank you Diane and
LIsa.  It was a testament to the unified coordination of many people with
the goal of providing an experience of spiritual family.

Sara