[ggc-urantialist] Information About Joining this List

  • From: Claudia Ayers <claudia.ayers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Golden Gate Circle <ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:28:11 -0700

Dear Fellow Travelers,

Several times in past month I have been asked to add names to our Golden
Gate Circle "freelist" list-serve. I cannot add names any longer; anyone
joining a server must sign up on their own. The rest of this email tells
you how you may do this if you are not already on this list... *WHICH ALL
OF YOU ARE IF YOU RECEIVE THIS VIA "ggc-freelist"*

However, it may still be useful to you for two reasons:

1) You can confirm that you are, in fact, a member of this list... because
reading this is proof that you are.

2) If you know someone who isn't on this list (and didn't receive this),
you can forward this info to them, and then they can join up themselves.

*Enrolling on the GGC Freelist*

The Golden Gate Circle Society of The Urantia Book Fellowship has an email
list we use to share information. *If you know anyone who would like to
join us on this, list these are the steps they need to take to enroll
themselves.* It is actually easier than it looks. Once upon a time the list
moderator could add names to the list, but now those who wants to join must
initiate the process themselves. Here’s how:

1. Go to this website: *//www.freelists.org/list/ggc-urantialist
<//www.freelists.org/list/ggc-urantialist>*

2. Enter your own email address in the window (just above the word
"subscribe").

3. With the "action" subscribe still selected, tap your cursor on the "Go!"
button. Your screen will then show a notice that says something like
"Thanks! If you receive a confirmation email be sure to reply."

4. Check your email inbox for an email from Freelists. Open it. It
basically says, "just hit reply" to be signed up. So do that.

You should be all signed up at that point.

*NOTE: as this list is available only to those who are enrolled, please do
not use it with other names in the “TO:” box of your email server. The
Freelist gets confused if someone uses the “Reply All” feature of their
server.*

If this info was inadequate to the task, write back to me and I'll see if I
can help you through it: claudia.ayers@xxxxxxxxx

--
claudia ayers
181 Chimney Creek Road