[georgianbents] [hpta]: Ice Races

  • From: <HICKS.TJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:53:06 -0500

Joe, I was wondering if you still had that helmet that we left at the last
Windel race?  If so, could you bring it to the Ice races please?  I'll grab it
off you there.  Thanks

Bob, did you sell off all your extra bents yet? There's still a couple people
that might be interested, one even lives in Brantford.

The ice races are approaching and I'm looking forward to them.  I got the 2nd
racer back from teh powder coater, and have it mostly assembled.  I've been
focussing on finishing the FWD RWS delta trike, at least to the point fo
functionality, and I'll see if I have time to paint it before the races.  The
weather looks cold and sunny for the most part for Brantford, so I'll likely
take my chances for the trip there and back.

No word yet from the Toronto gang at Dufferin park but the races will possibly
be the 10/11th of Feb, maybe the weekend after.

The weather is suitably crisp up here and later this week I'll take a cruise
down by the bay and the lake and see what the ice situation is so we can maybe
have an outdoor race up here the last weekend of Feb or 1st weekend in March.
Does anyone have a preference over a Sat or a Sun for the event if we get it
off the ground?

Well after the fact, but did anyone make it out to the Trikefest in Port Hope
this summer?  I was going to go but the van was in the shop for 3 days and my
rental was a hatchback, so I was out of luck on that.  Has anyone hear from
John out in Port Hope?  Is he on this list (HPTA) too and maybe making the trip
for the ice races?  Are the Triketrails gang on this list as well?