[georgianbents] Re: Rocky River Cycling Festival plans for bents

  • From: Bikeface <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:45:21 -0400

 Great...glad you can make it.
At 08:19 PM 31/07/2007, you wrote:

Hi Doug, and all  :)

Sorry about the last-minute response but a family committment was looming,
and I didn't know if I'd be able to make the bike fest at all.  As it turns
out, I'll only be able to make one day, and that's Sunday, but it looks like
first thing in the morning until 16:00 shouldn't be a problem.  So, the
points in order . .

understood.

.

1.  No problem on the display, but I don't have a funky sign saying Georgian
Bents or anything like that.  I can bring 4 trikes and 2 bikes, possibly 3
(lowracer, highracer and Python).

we have a loop in a parking lot that can serve as a tryout area...not big but sufficient.

2.  The ride would be great, but I would need to know time and distance.  I
could be sweep, or with a good route card, I could maybe lead, but I don't
know the area and while I don't mind getting lost individually, I don't like
getting others lost in an unfamiliar area.  The route listed is 96km, which
would be a cool ride, but how many would be expected to be able to complete

The rides routes we have planned for the festival are 25 and 25kms....out and back...every ride would be accompanied by riders from our area who know it well and will act as support and contact to the support vehicle should it be needed. The rides will be according to demand but no longer than 2 hours.

it?

3.  If I fit the bill of  "knowledgeable recumbent rider" I can give a
little presentation on recumbents.  Did you have anything specific in mind
as to topic or just a general overview of history, advantages and
capabilities, designs and differences, commercial and homebuilt, etc?  Also,
I imagine you have a specific time slot set aside for the little lecture as
well?

Workshops/clinics are in the afternoons only....we are building the schedule according to presenters schedules and will be posting it on Sat am. This is a first time for an event of this cycling range so we are trying to build in a little flexibility We also have Jay Dixon here for the weekend so between the two of you, I'm sure we could cover the why, how and what of recumbents...a clinic on both days.

> Anyone interested in this please contact me asap.
>
> We are now heavy into planning for the festival. We are hoping to have 2
> bent rides...one sat and a second on sunday or monday am....to accommodate
> those who can only attend one day of the festival.
> Heres what I ask of the  Georgianbents
> 1. set up a Bent station on the festival site to promote and show
> recumbents and the club. I can provide a couple of bikes and would hope
for
> bikes from the membership. This station would be in place for Sat/Sunday
> from 10 am until 4pm. ..with one or two staff necessary.
> We have a contained demo course laid out in a parking lot...a safe
> controlled space to try out bikes.
>
> 2. a ride leader and perhaps a sweep(if necessary) for 2 bent rides.
>
> 3. a knowledgeable recumbent rider to give a bent workshop....about 45mins
> of talk/demo on recumbent riding and bikes....question/answers
>   I have several ride route possibilities in mind that I can go over with
> ride leader.
>
> We have some finances to help cover your costs.
>
> Please contact Doug Miller @bikeface .

Listmaster: 25hz@xxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe send an empty mail to
georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx