[georgianbents] CHIN Picnic et al . .

  • From: <HICKS.TJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:42:10 -0400

Hi all

Been sort of quasi busy, but have been able to get a few hundred km of
riding in and will start commuting tomorrow if all goes well.  I just
got an email update from Midweek, and they mentioned the CHIN picnic.  I
sent an email to Craig trying to convince him to include the bent
classes this year as well.  I am hoping that with lots of advance notice
and no last minute date changes, we can improve our participation
numbers, and in turn get a bunch more public awareness out there.  Maybe
Rebel Cycles from Kitchener might be interested in making an appearance
too and maybe getting a couple friends or family to ride some of his
bents as well.  Ray might be interested in some more velo PR for his
venture also, hopefully :)

I went on a number of local events and fun rides last year and most were
in the Toronto area.  Response to the bents was pretty good and it was
all positive.  I will recompile the list of the rides I want to do again
and mail it out just in case others are interested.  I think the first
one coming up is the Ride for the Rouge out by the zoo, and there's also
the Ride for Heart at the beginning of June.  There's also a Surf n Turf
team race in Trenton on June 13th and I persuaded the organizers to
allow bents, so I'll try to put in a good showing for us there.  I'll
send a complete list of the casual rides in case anyone is interested.
Also, we have another new trike rider named Tom in Barrie.  Hi Tom :)