[geocentrism] Re: small concession today on BadAstronomy

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jandj.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:46:13 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary L. Shelton" <GaryLShelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 5:40 AM
Subject: [geocentrism] small concession today on BadAstronomy

> Group,
> I don't want to claim much for this, but in the battlefield that is
BadAstronomy, it is all I can claim thusfar as far as concessions.

Well done Gary!!!

 > Rob Glover writes:

> This leads us to only two possibilities:
>
> 1) The Earth and the atmosphere are not turning,
> 2) The Earth and the atmosphere are turning together.
>
> Can I check that you don't disagree with these two possibilities either as
being the two hypotheses to test?

A most sensible attitude to take.

> Now we are stating that (2) is the correct answer. If we focus our
conversation and debate on this, the airplane problem will fall into place
as a result, won't it?

This is typical of the immediate subjectivity and bias that secular
scientists use before attacking the problem. If he is to be truly objective
he should consider neither to be correct until they have been tested. His
problem is that he is faced with something that could directly attack his
heliocentric world view. Therefore it is unlikely that he would ever
consider 1)!

Make sure he does Gary.

God bless