[geocentrism] Re: predestination.

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:34:47 -0800 (PST)

  God Predestines.... man chooses............... one does not exclude the
other..... For whom he Foreknew he did Predestinate. Adam had a choice but God
had predestined before the foundation of the world..neither one excludes the
other because Gods place in the Universe is not the same as mans. This is the
only position that can be "specifically" and "exactly" demonstrated from
scripture and not just asserted from false preconceptions about other
scriptures that have nothing to do with that issue......as many false doctrines
do!

philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          To Martin and Allen...Without my getting into this long dialogue, I
have to, ask, are you arguing the same subject..

  Before proceeding , have you both agreed upon the same definition of
predestination? I gave a couple of definitions, but so far I have not found a
specific explanation of what you mean by it in this current debate... and how
it is related to free choice,

  ie, do we chose our own destiny, or is it preordained? And does this relate
to just the spiritual destiny, or everything physical included..   Oxford
equates it with future events.  The Cath. Encycl. equates it to our final
spiritual end. But the latter depends upon events.

  EXAMPLE       I will steal that car tonight.    or,  I will not steal!.
Whatever I chose, was it my choice, or was it predestined, preordained, outside
of my responsibility.

  If the latter, then I cannot sin...