[geocentrism] on radial motion and angular velocity

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:55:23 +1000

Okay, I think I now follow what you are saying. This contention is not
really about apparent angular velocity, though, but only of the radius of
the apparent circle.

How about an infinite radius. Angular velocity is the same for any
radius..........

In terms of rectangular Cartesian coordinates, where we draw the x- and
y-axes on a sheet of paper and the z-axis comes out of the paper towards
you, am I right in saying that, if we consider an object at some distance
along the x-axis, say, then we will perceive a particular apparent motion of
that object as we rotate around the z-axis, and another if we simply travel
along the y-axis?

This point needs to be clarified before I continue.

 Yoir telling me.......Never did get the hang of those coordinates thingos,
Give me straight geometry, and a we bit of trig is ok.....I like x's and y's
though better'n apples.

but this post did help a lot. thanks Mike and Neville for putting it all
together. But if polaris makes a circle, then Polaris makes a circle, just
as does the sun.....not us.....sorry for keeping me eccentric, er um
geocentric....?