[geocentrism] Re: The Bible

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:14:53 +0100 (BST)

Dear Jack,

  I believe in a flood, yes, but I do not believe that God brought it about. I
believe that it was caused by the actions of men.

  The question arises as to how anyone survived it and before you ask the next
question I will answer it by saying that I do not currently know.

  By the way, did you know that there are two accounts of the Flood in Genesis,
which have been interwoven? (This is just an aside.)

  As to your stance that the current state we find ourselves living in was not
planned from the beginning, do you reject then the concept of predestination?

  Best wishes,

  Neville.

Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Dear Neville,
  You said:
    The question for us, then, is simply: Was this general state intended from
the beginning or was it not? If it was, then it is part of God's plan. If it
was not, then it is the work of the Devil.

  I proclaim the latter.

  So do I. But since God is in control He allows it to happen because He gave
us a free choice. It's the free choice that is important.

  Jack

  PS Do I assume, from a previous posting, that you no longer believe in the
flood of Noah?

your freeaccount today.