[geocentrism] Re: Steven's points

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:42:16 +1000

I am not jumping around with any enthusiasm about my geometry. Bad feelings.  I
am certain I am missing something about what we see and how it is seen. I am
worried because I do trust basic science not to make a mistake in such a simple
thing, and also I do trust it not to wilfully or unilaterly practise deceit.

Global warming , yes, thats a different politicoeconomic matter, but in the
precise mathmatical calculations as applied to astronomy, no, such a thing is
impossible. The world is literally full of amateur astronomers, some of whom
just have to be honest genius's like myself. Such would never let any deception
like this go undiscovered.

My particular genius is not oriented toward visualising graphical illusions.
I'm a bunny for magicians. Drawing geometrical projections not to scale
.....could be an illusion. It is an illusion.

I am going to need exact figures and angles. Just how much of a circle is
observed daily of the North star..  I have it all downloaded. Please, all
ignore my geometrical explosion of yesterdays happy hour till I've done some
cramming. That will be after todays happy hour, tomorrow. Alcohol in daily
doses delays old age.. Believe it. It gives us a second chance at childhood.

Just how can they tell us for certain how far away is this polaris? How much
does the atmosphere distort our measurements and observations? Two years ago on
the first list Neville promoted, I found after much searching and discussions
here, that this thing called parallax  means so many different things to
different people in the PHD class. In my basic training, it was the error
caused to a reading on my analogue voltmeter, by my viewing angle , hence a
back up mirror was always evident on good meters to ensure accurate readings..

Tomorrow is sunday, and is mowing grass day for Catholics in a world where the
real Roman C church is no longer visible in the world.

Philip.

Geocentrism is based upon certainty. Science depends for existence upon
uncertainty. This has nothing to do with knowing and unknowing.