[geocentrism] Re: Question marks for apostrophes

  • From: "Bob Davidson" <Jesus4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:24:39 -0400

LOL = Laughs Out Loud

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: geocentrism-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocentrism-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Gary Shelton
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:29 PM
To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [geocentrism] Question marks for apostrophes

Hello all,
I may be truly accused of being slow to take on new fashions.  But can
anyone reasonably defend this new fad of employing a question mark to
replace an apostrophe in a contraction?

We all make errors and have little idiosyncracies (I still do not know what
Philip's 'LOL' means after all these months...) but can we please keep what
God meant to be at the end of our sentences in their proper place?

I am sorry if this offends anyone who utilizes this novel technique.  This
reader, for one, finds all these errant "?"'s distracting and annoying.

Sincerely,

Gary