[geocentrism] Point Number 21

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:03:15 +0000 (GMT)

I take a look at Robert's posting as and when I have a few minutes spare, and I
pick out the point(s) that I feel like answering. I hope that this does not
cause any confusion, but the points were clearly marked by Robert, so it should
be clear enough, I hope. Here is number 21 ...

[RB] "Edwin Aldrin, when asked the straightforward question, "What is it like
to walk on the Moon," has on several occasions broken down and left the room in
tears. Neil Armstrong, to my knowledge, has never discussed it." Buzz Aldrin
Interview: Scholastic students interviewed Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk
on the moon, on November 17, 1998. ............ What did it feel like to walk
on the moon? Is its surface different from that of Earth? The surface of the
moon is like nothing here on Earth! It's totally lacking any evidence of life.
It has lots of fine, talcum-powderlike dust mixed with a complete variety of
pebbles, rocks, and boulders. Many pebbles, fewer rocks, and even fewer
boulders naturally make up its surface. The dust is a very fine, overall dark
gray. And with no air molecules to separate the dust, it clings together like
cement.

[NJ] Okay, but how is this answering why Col. Aldrin reacted as he did to a
perfectly straightforward, though unrehearsed, question? And did you notice how
Col. Aldrin answered the first question that you yourself are quoting, ?What
did it feel like to walk on the Moon?? ? He did not answer it, did he?

[RB] (Cont.) If you examine it under a microscope, you can see it's made up of
tiny, solidified droplets of vaporized rock resulting from extreme velocity
impacts, like an asteroid from outer space hitting the surface over millions of
years.

[NJ] Is that what you believe? Millions of years? If you do, then you deny
God?s written word. If you do not believe it, then why are you including it?

[RB] Was being on the moon different than you expected it to be? I expected the
unexpected and went with an open mind. I think the visual scene was described
by my words on first landing ? "magnificent desolation." Magnificent for the
achievement of being there, and desolate for the eons of lifelessness. .........

[NJ] ?

[RB] (Cont.) In the 33 years since he became the first human to walk on the
moon, Armstrong has done nothing to capitalize on his fame and everything in
his power to diminish it. He has declined all but a handful of interview
requests. And, in those rare instances when he has agreed to be questioned, his
answers have been noteworthy for their blandness and lack of emotional oomph.

[NJ] Yes, we can all put our own interpretations on things.

[RB] (Cont.) Neil Armstrong Interview with Stephen Ambrose Featured in Quest
Space History Magazine Reflecting on going to the moon, Mr. Armstrong said, "We
were really very privileged to live in that thin slice of history where we
changed how man looks at himself and what he might become and where he might
go. So I'm very thankful that we got to see that and be part of it."

[NJ] Skirting the issue. What does Col. Armstrong?s philosophy of the meaning
of life without God got to do with the simple enquiry about what it was
supposedly like on the surface of the Moon?

[RB](Cont.) And then there's Armstrong's modesty, a deep personality trait. The
word most used to describe Armstrong by those who have interviewed him is
"self-deprecating." "Neil feels that all of the attention [on him] is
misplaced," says Andrew Chaikin, author of A Man on the Moon: The Voyages of
the Apollo Astronauts (Viking Penguin), who interviewed Armstrong for more than
two hours in 1988 for his book. "We focus on the guys who [walked on the moon]
because it's the most dramatic story," Chaikin says. "But the real legacy of
Apollo is what those 400,000 people [working for and with NASA] accomplished
over a decade." For Armstrong, those workers are the true heroes. ............

[NJ] Two hours interviewing him. TWO HOURS? And is this all that you can quote?

[RB] Even if the claim is true, what does this all prove?

[NJ] Armstrong and Aldrin have never been anywhere near the Moon. Let us say
for the moment that I am right and you are wrong. This is a possibility. In
that case, what would you believe from NASA?