[geocentrism] Re: Platform in space.

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:04:06 +0000 (GMT)

Philip,

  My responses are in blue:

philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Neville if you now doubt the OT as being the inerrant word of God,
does this then mean that you no longer are certain of the geocentric position?

  Strictly speaking, you are correct, I cannot now be certain of it.

  Some time back I wrote of the impossibility of a stationary non moving
platform away from our solar system to observe whether the earth rotated or
not. I said at the time one would have to be with God.

  I am now not so sure. Around the same time we discussed the effect of the
earths rotation on a satellite launched from the pole.. Remember we agreed that
it would have an angular rotation of its own equal to a 24 hr period. Yes.

  However on a rethink, I went back to polar orbiters launched from the
equator.. I previously assumed that such an object, in addition to its angular
rotation pole to pole , would have as well an axial rotation equal to that
imparted by the rotation of the world. counting all losses of course.

  Yet such would seem impossible..  A polar orbiting satellite like any
rotating object would inherit the stabilising force of that of any flywheel,
and would eventually and quickly lose any axial rotation given to it at launch
from the alledged earth rotation. Agreed.

  As it rotated pole to pole, it would be the proverbial static platform
relative to the E-W plane of the earth.   Also ditto relative to the annular
movement around the sun, but that is ignored here for this discussion.

  From this it must be concluded that if the earth was stationary, with no
daily rotation, the polar orbiter would traverse the same meridian every orbit,
continuously.  However if there was any rotation of the earth from west to
east, and let us assume for simplicity a 120 minute period of the satellite ,
it would traverse a different meridian 30 degrees apart towards the west every
orbit.

  It remains for us now to investigate any of these satellites that exist,  and
their  plotted courses if such exist..  If they exist.

  Here is one for you to digest.   They called it sun synchronous, and I do not
know exactly what that means... If they mean the plane of the orbit always
points to the sun, then that for the reasons above is impossible. However they
may mean it is static relative to the sun in the same way that the inclination
of the earth is.. As I understand it, it is the latter. Since the Sun rotates,
the satellite goes around with it.

   It seems from the evidence below, on the basis of normal physics the earth
rotates. #

  http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/rs/sat/poes/home.rxml

Image provided by: Satellite Coverages and Orbits (NCAR)
The POES orbit (above) relative to the Earth's surface is sun-synchronous. Its
track is due to a combination of the orbital plane of the satellite coupled
with the rotation of the Earth beneath the satellite. The orbit is slightly
tilted towards the northwest and does not actually go over the poles. The red
path follows the earth track of the satellite, the transparent overlay
indicates the coverage area for the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer
(AVHRR) imaging instrument carried by NOAA/POES satellites. This instrument
scans a swath roughly 3000 kilometers wide.

  Philip.
  # Of course normal physics must be wrong as they do not accept the aether...

  Do we have any real reason to insist that conventional physics reinstates the
aether? The whole business, as I see it, comes down to Newtonian gravity. If
NASA's claims are verifiable, then geocentrism is finished. I have always been
very scathing of NASA for two reasons: my (previous) belief in the inerrancy of
scripture, and the fact that so many of their claims are science fiction.

  I still believe that the universe is geostationary, because it seems
inconceivable to me now that God would have created it any other way, because
it fits all observations, and because it has never been proven to be otherwise.
Our real problem, however, is the geosynchronous satellite.

 New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more
at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.