[geocentrism] Re: Pagan concepts

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:54:10 +0000 (GMT)

Philip,

  I will attempt to answer your points/questions below, in blue:

Phillip Stott <pstott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
            Martin,

  I usually find little fault with your posts. However I have serious
objections to your translation:-

  "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be
lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life, for God so
loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life."

  Now the Greek for your "one and only" is "monogenes", which could be
translated in modern idiom as "one genetic", and which in the Authorised is
"only begotten". I do not see how it can be translated "one and only" and if it
were, then surely there is a problem with the earlier promise in the same book
that He gives the power to become sons of God to all who believe in Him. Now if
Jesus is the only begotten Son there is no contradiction, with one and only
there is a problem.

    Neville,

  It appears that you reject the Old Testament, and particularly Moses'
contributions to it.

  I completely and utterly reject most of the Old Testament, yes. I do this for
three reasons: First (and foremost) I reject them since, far from being a "fool
of [my] imagination," the God that I acknowledge is goodness and truth. The God
that created things with such a depth of love and consideration that it is
literally beyond our comprehension, is not a god of vengence, hate and
bloodlust. The god of the Old Testament, on the other hand, is a god of hatred
and vengence. A liar (in Numbers, for instance, this god states that he has
forgiven some Israelites and then, in the same verse (!) goes on to state that
he is going to strike them dead with a plague). This god is the Devil. Hence
the Jews (Hebrews/Khazars) who stitched together the Old Testament from various
pagan sources, are of their father, the Devil, just as Christ said that they
were (John 8). I see it as my duty to defend the God that I have tried my best
to come to know. The only thing which prevents you from
 doing the same is that you believe that the scriptures are "god-breathed"
because they themselves declare this.*

  Secondly, the stories of the Old Testament are without doubt from the mystic
nonsense of (primarily) India. There is plenty of quality research on this
which proves it. Even the "virgin birth," "wise men" and "Trinity" are from
this same source.

  And thirdly, I now see that certain people are quite literally of the Devil.
This race has twisted and contorted facts throughout history. They have used
their "lying pens" in the scriptures.

  Do you accept the New Testament? Some of it. In particular, I accept most of
John's writings (Gospel, 1st letter and some of Revelation). In particular do
you accept the Gospels? Most of Matthew, Mark and Luke I reject. I also reject
the writings of Saul of Tarsus. If so, then how do you answer Jesus' warning
that those who do not believe Moses' writings will not believe Him either? Put
in there by those who wanted us to believe that, even though they apparently
killed their "Messiah," yet "salvation is of the Jews." This is the addition
that I want to make to the point marked with an * above.

  Now I am fully aware that there are "Higher Critics" who claim that Moses
wrote nothing - some claim that writing was not even invented till well after
his era. But it is clear that the five books of Moses were part of the Hebrew
scriptures in Jesus' lifetime, that Jesus accepted them, and believed them to
be written by Moses. This is only "clear" if you accept all that is written
about Christ as it is written. If you question the authenticity of these
writings then it is far from clear.

  Blessings

  Philip Stott

  Similarly,

  Neville.

  PS
    Some of the recent posts have reminded me of a statement by a man of God
who I respect greatly. "Show me the God who acts the way you think He should,
and I will show you the fool of your imagination

  Show me a man who accepts the scriptures as God-breathed and I'll show you a
man who is destined to spend the rest of his life in slavery and disharmony.

  Blessings

  Philip Stott

 New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more
at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.