[geocentrism] Motor tech!

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ivan Cox" <bosco6@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <governor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:03:30 +1000

      Is It Orwellian

      Technology ?

      From: "Thumper"
      To: "Undisclosed Recipients"
      Subject: Why GM's OnStar Technology is a Threat to the Freedom of
Americans
      Date: Friday, May 30, 2008 11:06:38 AM

      This is another piece from a friend of mine in Nashville. I think he does
a lot of thinking about our problems. Here's something you won't hear about in
the mainstream news media. In fact, most Americans aren't smart enough to add
2+2 and put the pieces of the puzzle together. What I am about to tell you
isn't from a crystal ball, it's simply a matter of connecting the dots. ~JLR~

      Perhaps you've heard of the wonderful technology known as the Global
Position System (GPS). We can use it to pinpoint our exact location. GM touts
it as a "security" tracking system.
http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/ovd/index.jsp  Or, "Big Brother" can use
the GPS in our cell phones and automobiles to pinpoint our exact location.

      GM also installs new "black boxes" in automobiles for "accident
reconstruction" data.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/07/nhtsa-creating-universal-standard-for-automotive

      -black-box/, These are being require by the National Highway Safety
Administration (a government agency);

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/edr-site/uploads/Auto_Black_Box_Data_Recovery_

      Systems_by_TARO.pdf

      Perhaps you've heard of another wonderful technology on the commercial
market called OnStar by General Motors. This system is so advanced now that GM
can use the technology to assess the engine and powertrain performance of GM
vehicles. They tout it as a method to help the consumer keep track of when the
car needs routing maintenance. It's called the OnStar Vehicle Diagnostic
Performance System. http://www.goodwrench.com/Services/OnStar.jsp.

      GM is advertising and bragging that it can sent the owner an email
telling them about their vehicle's performance. Guess who else can access this
data? Sure, the concept sounds like a neat idea, but are folks really thinking
about what's going on here? Remember George Orwell's book 1984?

      In the Europe, the EU is about to issue "Personal Carbon Credit Cards".
In other words, when one fills up at the pump, they have to first swipe the
government issued card at the pump. If they've not exceeded their personal
"carbon footprint", they will be allowed to pump petrol into the car. If they
have exceeded their government set limit, they must either buy more carbon
credits, or they don't get to drive.

      Of course, our own Congress is likely to pass such a law here. In fact,
next week, Congress will debate the Lieberman-Warner Climate Change Bill which
if passed will impose such restrictions on "carbon footprints" in the United
States. (see references). If the U.S. doesn't do this on its' own, the United
Nations will eventually mandate it as International Law.

      Yes, we already have emissions testing mandated in some larger cities.
But the GM technology simply makes it easier for Big Brother to determine the
carbon footprint of every vehicle in America. [And don't think for a moment
that the EPA isn't already using technology to monitor the "carbon footprint"
of industry and individuals in the U.S. This technology, using the same
principles as Thermal Infrared Technology is deployed on aircraft throughout
the United States, including the Predator unmanned aircraft.]

      And so, why does OnStar present a threat to us? It's the technology. Yes,
Big Brother will be able to mandate the installation of such technology in all
vehicles in the U.S. With this technology, Big Brother can then determine if
our vehicles meet the standards it decides should be set in the name of "Global
Warming". If it doesn't, well Big Brother simply disables the vehicle. And with
the GPS, well, Big Brother then knows where to find the vehicle to confiscate
it.

      Technology is great, isn't it? Or is it?

      Here's another thing to consider: Utilities are rapidly installing
computerized systems which send usage and billing data via a computer to the
utility company. In theory, this would be used to monitor "peak usage" and plan
for the utility to buy electricity and natural gas to meet the needs. The
system will also eliminate the need for the "meter reader" and the billing will
be completed by the automated computer system. It sounds like good business
sense. Yet, one must consider whether the real intent is to monitor the "carbon
footprint" of the household or business by energy consumption. What happens
when one exceeds his/her limit for the month? They (the government run
utilities) do have the power to turn off the utilities don't they?

      And finally: What business is Al Gore in now? Of course, he's in the
business of issuing and trading carbon credits. The real Inconvenient Truth.

      As for that petrol we need to run the cars in the U.S., well,
Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D) of California already told us of the plans
publicly last week: a "socialization" or "government take over of the oil
companies". (In her own words).

      And so you're thinking: "This can never happen in America". I guess most
Americans thought the same way about the 9/11 attacks too didn't they?

      Don't say I didn't tell you

      J. Landon Reynolds
      May 30, 2008