[geocentrism] Re: [Geocentric] Predestination

  • From: "Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:13:24 -0600

On Jan 30, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Martin G. Selbrede wrote:

[To open the heart or eyes] .... this is opportunity to understand so that they can/ will respond

Opportunity to understand? But 1 Cor. 2:14 denies this to be possible unless the Holy Spirit is already present and indwelling. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." As Paul says, "he cannot understand them." What's all this talk of unregenerate people gaining understanding in contradiction to this verse? Your twist on the verse doesn't actually save your theory, it harms it. If Lydia is brought to understanding of the things of the Spirit of God, then the Holy Spirit has already regenerated her so that she can respond to Paul's words. That was my explicitly stated position from the outset.

To profit in the Flesh is not the same as manifesting our choices and or righteousness in the flesh

Surely, Allen, you're not arguing that unregenerate men can manifest righteousness in the flesh. Not even a dyed-in-the-wool anti- Calvinist like John Wesley would dare to teach that! Surely you misspoke, and mean to say something different here, no?

Now VERY concerned,

Martin